Torys LLP posted this YouTube video on M&A trends for 2012.
With growing economic uncertainty for the year to come, Patrice Walch-Watson and Matthew Cockburn explain that M&A transactions will continue to play an important part of business strategy. They discuss the following trends in their predictions of hot M&A areas for 2012:
M&A Trends for 2012
- Financial investors looking M&A deals despite a strain on traditional financing for acquisition
- Private equity will see more sponsors inviting limited partners to invest
- Companies will continue to look to spin off transactions to bring value to shareholders
- Governments will do more to encourage and guide private equity M&A activities
- Antitrust and foreign investment regulations will oversee M&A activities
- Growth in reverse break fees to provide more deal certainty
Take a look at the video and share your M&A thoughts in the comments below.