In Martindale Hubbell Connected we love theme months. They help to drive engagement by focusing on a specific, overall topic and encourage members to get involved. We are now in our fourth month of themes. Previous themes included: Social Media Solutions (July/Aug), Revolutionary Law (Sept), and Women in the Law (Oct). We now end this exciting year of themes with the following two offerings:
- Maximizing Inside/Outside Counsel Relationships
- 2009: The Year Social Media Changed How Lawyers Do Business
For Maximizing Inside/Outside Counsel Relationships we will be hosting a discussion series lead by guest moderators from some of the best names in law firm marketing in our public forums Managing Outside Counsel and Corporate Legal Department Management.
NOTE: members can access the community links (forums, groups & document libraries); non-members can join here and then access.
Also, we are looking for the best samples of outside counsel guidelines or private practice checklists that you use when trying to maximize your own inside/outside counsel relationships.
- In-house counsel can post to the confidential in-house counsel document library
- Private practice lawyers can post to the confidential law firm lawyers document library
We encourage members of those confidential role groups to rate the most helpful of those documents with 1 to 5 stars. We will then feature the top rated documents on our home page and make them prominently available to the respective inside/outside counsel community. Finally, encourage all Connected members to share thoughts on the following topics, either in blog posts or public forums:
- Litigation and dispute resolution strategies that strengthen the business without breaking the bank
- Creating and implementing cost-efficient approaches to working with outside counsel and trusted advisers
- Dealing with discovery without being derailed
- Metrics & measurement: using case assessments and analyses successfully
- Tackling tough situations: class actions, cross-border disputes and trends on the horizon
For those of you who are members of Connected, we hope you will participate. FYI – December is looking like one of our biggest theme months yet with a slew of social media pundits signed up to guest blog, moderate, and participate in a special webinar (stay tuned for details). If you are not yet a member of Connected, what are you waiting for!?! It’s free to join so come on in and let your voice be heard. We look forward to meeting you.