In today’s economy, smaller firms and solo practitioners are challenged like never before to find and win new clients – typically individuals or small businesses.
While things like reputation, track record and word of mouth are still crucial to that effort, it is becoming increasingly important for firms to have a compelling online presence and a sound, proactive and effective marketing effort to go with it. For example, roughly two thirds of consumers begin their search for a lawyer by using popular search engines and more focused tools like Lawyers.com or others.
However, as you may have guessed, most lawyers are not online marketing experts nor do they typically have much time to dedicate to such activities.
We want to raise awareness of this issue and help out.
So today, I’m pleased to announce that we’ve launched the “LexisNexis Ultimate Law Firm Marketing Makeover” contest — giving small law firms across the United States an opportunity to win a comprehensive suite of online marketing services from LexisNexis valued at $50,000.
I believe the contest is a fun and visible way to demonstrate the positive impact that deploying a comprehensive suite of online marketing solutions can have for small firms.
The Grand Prize winner will work with the LexisNexis “Makeover Team” to take advantage of up to four categories of online marketing services depending on their needs. The first two categories are services for which we’re already well known:
2. Assistance from the Martindale-Hubbell Ratings team to help lawyers at the winning firm engage and benefit from our Peer Review Ratings and Client Review Ratings programs.
Added to this are two additional high value services we provide to smaller law firms:
3. Website creation & custom video production services
4. Online optimization services (SEO and SEM)
To help us objectively assess and pick winners, we are fortunate to have three of the industry’s leading legal marketing experts to help us judge the contest entries:
- David Lat, Founder and Managing Editor of Above the Law
- Larry Bodine, Business Development Advisor and Editor of LawMarketing Blog
- Carolyn Elefant, Editor of MyShingle.com and Principle Attorney with the Law Offices of Carolyn Elefant
The contest is open now to law firms employing up to 21 practicing lawyers and contest submissions will be accepted until 5 P.M. on December 13. I urge you to visit the contest website today at www.legalmarketingmakeover.com to learn more and to submit your firm for the Ultimate Law Firm Marketing Makeover!