Beginning on April 20, 2010 the world watched as one of the worst environmental disasters in history unfolded in the Gulf of Mexico. After killing workers on the Deepwater Horizon rig, the explosion triggered a seemingly unstoppable gush of crude oil that spewed from the ocean floor for most of the summer. The leak caused devastation along the coast, harming wildlife, ecosystems, individuals and businesses. A compensation fund has been established. Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed. One MDL has been set up in New Orleans to handle damage and injury claims, while another has been established in Houston to deal with securities claims.
The following speakers will be discussing the topic today:
Issues covered include:
- Injuries to the Ecosystem, Marine Life and the Workers
- Working with Experts: What Expertise You Will Need & Proving a Client’s Loss
- Case Roadmap: The Kind of Case You Want & The Timeline to Expect
- Natural Resource Damages Claims
- Business Interruption Claims
- Personal Injury Claims
- Understanding the Workings of the MDL: Is It Right for Your Case?
- Unique Claims & Discovery Matters
- Traditional First-Party Coverage
Throughout the rest of the week we will be covering these issues and more in two groups:
Follow all the action by joining these two groups in martindale.com Connected. We will be interested to hear from you on our blog posts and discussion forums. If you are not yet a martindale.com Connected member, what are you waiting for? Membership is 100% free – join by visiting this link: http://martindale.com/Connected, and signing up as a new users.