For the first two weeks of January, we are planning an event in Connected called Predictions & Resolutions in the Legal Industry. Bob Ambrogi and Larry Bodine will both do guest posts in the Future of the Legal Industry group in Connected and take part in our Twitter event (see below).
Join us for Future Tweets, a live discussion hosted by Bob Ambrogi on Twitter about what the future holds for the legal industry:
- When: Tuesday, January 12 at 12pm EST (duration 2 hours)
- Hash tag: #FOLI (use this tag when answering on Twitter so responses can be identified as part of our conversation)
- Questions that will be discussed:
- What is future of the law firm model?
- What is the future of the billing model?
- What will win out this: billable hour or flat rates?
- What will be the best use of a law degree in the future, either in the legal field or an alternative career?
- How will you use social media for a law practice this year?
- Will law continue to be a good career option for young professionals?
- What should change about legal education?
- What will the future of legal education look like?
- How will outsourcing change law firm management?
- Will the legal industry migrate to cloud computing in 2010?
Please let us know what other questions you want discussed, share suggestions for the event, and tell us what you think of this idea. Most of all, if you like the Future Tweet concept, tell everyone you know about it and get them to participate.
QUICK TIP: monitor questions, responses, and get involved by using a tool like TweetDeck. This will allow you to create a column dedicated to searching for the hashtag #FOLI, allowing you to join the conversation. Check out this video for how to set up and use Tweet Deck.