Is your Martindale-Hubbell listing doing all it can to drive client contacts? Here are some strategies for getting maximum value from your subscription. These come from best practices we have found for our customers:
- Lawyer Photos & Firm Logo – Personalizes your firm to users.
- Phone Numbers – Add for ALL offices & lawyers. Don’t make it hard for prospective clients to contact you.
- Email Addresses – Add for office-level and each lawyer. Many emails are sent to the main email for an office…so make sure include it.
- Practice Areas – Include all variations of your practice areas at both firm and lawyer levels.
- Biographical Content – Add content to office & lawyer profiles.
- Cross References – Purchase for surrounding towns to increase your visibility.
- Link to your Web Site – Martindale-Hubbell web sites are automatically linked. For externally built web sites, consider a Direct Web Site Link.
- Office Information – Add Office Hours, “Accepts Credit Cards”, and other indicators that can differentiate your lawyers.com profile.
- Blogs – Consider writing a blog for lawyers.com to showcase your expertise.
- Online Traffic Stats – Review your martindale.com and lawyers.com traffic regularly to see what’s working for you. Adjust your content and product mix accordingly.
Most of these recommendations are available free, but some may affect your subscription rate. When in doubt, contact your sales or customer service representative for more information.
Use the Client Service Center (https://csc.martindale.com) to act on most of the recommendations listed above.
Do you have other hints to share, or questions about how you can implement these best practices? Post a comment and share it with the community. I’ll respond as best I can and follow up with more detailed recommendations in coming weeks.