Martindale-Hubbell is hosting an upcoming in-person CLE opportunity for in-house counsel: The Counsel to Counsel (C2C) Summit on Maximizing In-House/Outside Counsel Relationships April 1-2, 2009, at The Reagan Center in Washington, D.C.
The Summit will feature two days of discussions to help corporate counsel build cost-effective teams without sacrificing quality or effectiveness. The format of the Summit is based on our series of Counsel to Counsel Forums, which bring together small groups of legal professionals to share best practices relating to legal department management. Topics at the Summit include managing pressure points on the in-house/outside counsel relationships; matter management and billing; and metrics, performance appraisal and reporting.
Faculty and facilitators recently named include:
- Eugene M. Weitz, Corporate Counsel, Alcatel-Lucent
- Doug Cornelius, Chief Compliance Officer, Beacon Capital Partners, LLC
- Alexander D. “Lex” Bono, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- George J. Nemphos, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- E. Leigh Dance, President, ELD International, Inc.
- Michael O’Neill, SVP & General Counsel, Lenovo
- Marcus H. Linden, VP, Corp Counsel Solutions, LexisNexis
- Mary B. Clark, VP Law & Deputy General Counsel, LexisNexis
- Aleen Bayard, Principal, MarketZing
- Rees W. Morrison, Esq., President, Rees Morrison Associates
About the Summit:
- Corporate counsel participate at no cost, and may receive up to 13 CLE credits.
- Each participant brings ideas, questions, best practices, lessons learned or a case study for exploration.
- Each day features a combination of panel discussions, workshops and off-the-record round-table events.
- Build your professional network through planned receptions and breakout sessions.
Full agenda, along with a fax/mailer registration form, is at http://www.martindale.com/pdf/c2c/c2c_summit_reg.pdf. Register online at http://www.martindale.com/c2csummit. If you have questions, please call 1-908-771-8630, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.