- From LexisNexis® Mealey’s™ Daily Legal News.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Pfizer Inc. on Oct. 17 settled a Chantix suicide case designated as the first Chantix multidistrict litigation bellwether trial five days before the case was to begin, according to a court order (In Re: Chantix [Varenicline] Products Liability Litigation, MDL Docket No. 2039, No. 2:09-1039, Judy Ann Whitely v. Pfizer, Inc., No. 2:10-1463, N.D. Ala., S. Div.; In Re: Pfizer, Inc., No. 12-15190, 11th Cir.). View related prior history, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 130144.
A complimentary copy of the order is available in the pdf attached below.
- Pfizer Takes $491M Charge To Settle Federal Investigation Of Rapamune Promotion
- Pfizer Pays $42.9M To 33 States For Deceptive Marketing Of Zyvox, Lyrica
- Johnson & Johnson Settles 5 Risperdal Breast Enlargement Cases, Counsel Says
- Transferring a Patent Case Out of the Eastern District of Texas May Have Become Easier
- Connected Event: Standardizing Litigation Guidelines (A Case Study in the Insurance Industry)